Tuesday, November 29, 2005

blustery

Little hiccups are getting in my way this morning. I left the house without my lunch (leftover yams from Saturday's Orphan's Thanksgiving) and the CD I wanted to listen to. I have the little fountain I dug out of storage (nowhere in the apartment for it) to take to my office (the white noise might help distract me from the other noises that comes through the thin walls), but no distilled water for it (our hard water would gunk it up but good). Though my sickly symptoms have receded, I'm still getting moments of losing my voice, and the lymph node swelling hasn't gone away entirely. Even my writing style this morning seems a bit hiccup-y (though I blame that on the parenthetical remarks). All in all, kind of a growl-worthy start. Nothing major--just enough to irk me.

Nevertheless, it's a strangely pleasant morning out there. I walked out and thought it was spring already. When I passed the Bryce Jordan Center, the marquee read 62 degrees. But it's windy--really windy. Push-your-car-off-course windy. Grey, overcast, and wet from yesterday's rain, it doesn't look like a pleasant morning, but somehow it manages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup. Sixty-some degree weather at the tail end of November is almost enough to make me forgive the rain that came with it.
Almost.

Hope the irkin invasion went away (or at least lessened.)