Today was one of those covered-in-ice days where being in your car is surreal. You glide past a hushed and ghostly world, fully encased in refractive, solid water.
These days fascinate me. I love seeing how things look in ice. The bowing of the trees under their weight. The dripping as things start to melt. As long as I can walk without worrying about slipping (and drive without worrying about sliding), I adore them.
I wish I'd gotten a chance to go out today during lunch with my camera, but unfortunately, my lunch was eaten by two publications coming back from the printer and needing to be proofread, and then phone duty thereafter, and then a meeting after that, and then a few things that needed to be fixed post haste on the website, and then it was too dark to bother.
Many of my days end up like that. But very few are so dangerously pretty to start with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ice can be visual poetry.
Wonder if I should worry about the fact that it didn't even occur to me to take the camera out to capture some today.
Post a Comment