Thursday, March 29, 2007

Working late, Admissions meanderings

I'm tired, and just stopped doing more work stuff. In this case, poking about (and trying to sign up for) the Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium, among other things.

As much as I leave my work at work a lot of the time, a lot of the time I don't. Not entirely sure where the healthy balance is there yet.

Also just read an email response from our head honcho (consider that shorthand for Executive Director/Associate Vice President*, both of which are titles he holds) telling me essentially that my work hasn't gone unnoticed, and that he and the rest of Admissions are expecting great things out of me, especially considering this new position and its new role. Admissions to this point has never had anything like this--one person driving and shaping the office's vision in how we communicate with students, tech-wise.

Though, I might add, it has desperately needed it.

And, as my former boss (now an equal) pretty much said today, I came in at a time when they were tech-hungry, and I filled a void, one they may not have realized needed to be filled. Though a college friend's worst insult comes to mind: "You fill a much-needed void." I know that's not the case here, but the thought still amuses me.

I need to stop thinking about work now. I have a forced day off tomorrow: one I have to use or I'll lose. I have a month of vacation saved up. A month. I could leave for that long. Technically. It'll never happen, and it kind of shows you how little vacation I've been taking (stretched thin? me?), but it's a pretty cool thought.

Work = off. Bath = now.

*Whoa. I just realized that technically, he's my grandboss now, at least for awhile. Freaky.

No comments: