Thursday, May 11, 2006

Missing New Orleans, part the first

I finished Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans? yesterday during my lunch hour. Afterwards, I thought "now I'm ready."

And there's so much to say that I feel like I could write entries upon entries about it. There seems to be at least one entry for virtually every part of me: photographer, art-, architecture-, food- and music-lover, activist, humanist, cynic (yes, I know the latter two conflict), feminist, geek, people-watcher and general observer. Writer, of course, but that's rampant due to the whole bit about these entries being written now, isn't it?

But this will certainly take more than one entry is what I meant to point out here. Time constraints may keep them pretty short. We'll see how this goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dunno. Humanist and cynic seem to go hand in hand to me, because a humanist needs to understand human nature, which can be noble, dauntless, and magnificent at one turn, then mindlessly stupid, selfish, and destructive at the next. All part and parcel of what nature and nurture have given us, and what we've chosen to take for ourselves (and we're all capable of both swings and the miriad of shades betwixt them.)

...sorry, that was a little more rambling and preachy that I'd intended it to be. Still, guess it's truth as I see it, so I'll post it unaltered. Smack me with a frozen carp if you disagree.