Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Busy, busy

So of course the day I decide to wear my new heels to work is the day that I walk out to find that snow has finally stuck overnight. I'm hoping this isn't indicative of the day to come.

But I doubt it. It's a relatively clear day, both in weather and in comparison to my meetings-filled Monday and Tuesday. No joke: yesterday I had meetings 9-12:30 and 1-4:30 straight. I used the half hour to dash home to find the wallet I'd forgotten there and to pick up the sushi I'd forgotten to bring with me (other J., I blame the sushi-craving squarely on you).

The afternoon meeting, if anybody cares, can be watched here: the Network of People meeting, meant to link IT throughout Penn State, though in reality another platform for horn-tooting much of the time. I'm not complaining: some of it was interesting and relevant. But I do wish I could have picked just the sessions that were.

Heels issue aside, I'm pleased with today's outfit. For me, it's smashing: gray pants with white, black, pink, and red pseudo-pinstripes; pink long-sleeved suiting shirt, white fuzzy cardigan. I wouldn't have been caught dead in it a few short years ago. But that was an extended anti-pink kick.

Which came up in a meeting yesterday. A department had sent out an invitation to a women in science program to prospective students--on pink paper, a choice I think the whole room agreed was a mistake. Not that we had any say: it was just a digression in conversation before the meeting really began.

In other work news, we're full steam ahead on the redesign, assuming it gets approved by the directors at the end of the month. And that my boss doesn't have a heart attack caused by the stress of having to work out where my workload goes once that becomes my primary project. We'll see how that goes, but I'm hopeful.

Outside of work, still busy busy. Some gaming, but mostly being behind on projects I need to turn my attention to: sending last Sunday's request list to the other DJ; working on creating new bylaws for the sorority I'm in; updating the contact information spreadsheet due to change in membership; planning for the game I run Friday; keeping up with the decant circle I'm running of BPAL scents; helping H learn the jewelry-making thing I do; celebrating a friend's unbirthday hopefully someday soon (today's his birthday, but he decided he didn't want to celebrate it today).

Busy, busy: but what else is new?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, I live to serve.
*grins and bows*