Friday, April 27, 2007

Virginia Tech tribute and email

I'm writing since Dad nudged me to post, and to share the following:

Here's the email we just got here in admissions regarding Penn State's Virginia Tech tribute during the Blue/White game last weekend. We'll be sending this on formally, but I thought I'd post it here as well:

To whoever reads this letter,

Hello, my name is [name edited for his privacy], and I am sophomore and student at Virginia Tech. I did not know of any other way to contact the university, so I decided to write this letter to you all in the admissions office. You do not even realize how much your tribute at the spring game has lifted our spirits. I am dumbfounded by your regard for the well-being of the hokie community. I was not present at the game, however, I was able to watch the proceedings later on youtube.com. A few of my friends attend Penn State University, and I have talked to them with regards to the spring game. I want to express, on behalf of the entire Virginia Tech community, our gratitude for your display of support. You all have exhibited, through your support of our school, the character of your university. Never would I have imagined that the students and alumni of Penn State would be wearing maroon and orange and even cheering "Let's go HOKIES!!!"

On behalf of the entire Virginia Tech community I would again like to express our sincere gratitude for the way you have lifted our spirits on campus. You all deserve praise for helping us through this catastrophe, and I hope that this letter has illustrated our thanks to you.

Sincerely,
Your fellow hokie
[name edited for his privacy]

(I give you permission to print this or publish it however you want. I just want to make sure that you all realize the impact that you have had on our school.)


The tribute he's referring to is on YouTube. You can watch one version (though there are others) here.

No comments: