Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Process: one/day

Following Cole's lead, a little reflection about the One Post a Day project.

I agree with him in that it helps focus a concept to the point of sharing succinctly, but the down side I'd share is that I certainly have less time.

In fact, today's the first night in a week that I haven't had obligations other than this post. Well, I do, but they're not as pressing/scheduled as the others have been. Haven't even touched WoW in that time, in fact.

And I also suspect that quality suffers.

From memory, my blog output has generally been best when it's one or two a week. That gives me some time to percolate on a subject rather than just tossing it out there for the sake of having something up for the day.

And in fact, after the obligation of one-a-day is over, I suspect I'll take a hiatus to get things back to normal, and then try to go back to a schedule of that sort.

One a week is manageable. One a day is pressure, and it's not a good kind of pressure considering everything else I've got going on. But I've made it this far, so I'll (be trying to) finish out the month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the plus side, I am enjoying this look at 'Professional Anne', whom I'd not seen much of previously (and, also, I'm enjoying the regularity, since otherwise you've got this bad habit of disappearing for long periods of time :P 'Cause, yes, it's all about me ;P) But, yeah, I can see where it's a pain to keep up the daily grind.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the 'nigh off.'