Just got back from the bar, after futzing around with my program buds. "Buds," obviously, a relative term. But it was good, since I've seen so little of them this semester. I've been avoiding the office, mostly because I know I don't need to be there, and I get more done at home.
Fun English grad bar nonsense: like J.P. cutting apart a Camel package for the letters to play mini-scrabble with. Which is so much more fun than the real game, because it's not really competitive. More collaborative. Which is why I can't deal with most board games: the collaborative version is much, much more fulfilling for me.
I'm up too late, considering the day I've got tomorrow. But you know, it's worth it. Besides, I've got little to do tomorrow: mostly it's just my presence that's necessary. And I haven't missed a day yet. Which is normal for me, for teaching anyway. But I'm proud of myself nevertheless.
Anyway. I'm glad I went. And I really shouldn't be writing this late/partially intoxicated. But here I am.
Oh, and upon returning from the bar, from one of my roommates:
"Want a beer? It's good beer."
"Eh, let me try yours." (taste) "Nope, not drunk enough."
(shared laughter)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment