Thursday, December 18, 2003

Just got back from DJing work. Not bad, not bad. Monkeyed with equipment, got the scoop on the job, specifically the club we do nights for.

I did manage to use my shin to catch the gig box a couple times. First day on the job and already bruised. Just like old times, working for the orchestra. One thing I'll definitely be grateful for is that this job will actually make me aware of my strength again (and perhaps urge me to work on it). I lifted the gig box by myself and all the equipment manager could say was "Whoa: you're a monster!" The other perk is that I'll learn how to handle the equipment. The other perk is that I'll actually get some official training on the mixer, so it'll no longer be "I'm not going to touch that, because I don't know what it does."

So, so far, it looks like all perks. Except, maybe, for the bruises. But I know how to deal with those.

No comments: