Monday, October 10, 2005

prelude to winter

Today belonged in the middle of winter somewhere. I'm sure its spirit was there, somehow. All day, a low, grey blanket of clouds covered the area, barely letting a wan half-light through.

I woke to little light outside. I drove back in similar dimness. My usual corner of campus was quiet.

I blame the weather.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange that it was actually sunny 'round these parts. If there's bad weather to be had, it's normally had here.

Anne said...

Oh, no. We've got it bad here too. I blame the valley.

This morning's just the same: oppressive low, grey clouds. Mount Nittany's shrouded. Everybody's moving slowly: the most frantic activity coming in was the crows atop the Bryce Jordan Center, jockeying for the best lookout. Though what they're watching? I can't be sure.

Anonymous said...

Y'know, my first impulse was to try and come up with a funny about what the crows were watching. Then I actually pictured the image. It's a bit beautiful and a bit sad, leastways to my mind, so I think that, for a change, I'll just shut my trap and let the moment stand unmolested.