My boss has taken to calling me "Anna-banana." It's kind of disturbing to hear that out of your superior, when to you, that name is something your relatives called you when you were quite young.
Also: the avocado tree I've been growing in my office is now taller than me. Taller than me in my clogs. Probably taller than any of my friends, if I were to hazard a guess. And it finally decided to branch out: it's got three branches, and is still going up.
A colleague that rarely visits my office finally noticed it. Her immediate reaction: "Why do you have a tree in your office?" (said with no malice, just amazement). I mentally scrolled through: "because I have a tree in my office" (poking good-natured fun), "because I like it," and "because I can," before I arrived at "I grew it from a seed. I think it's neat to see how tall it'll get. I've got one at home, too, which isn't nearly as tall. I think they like the light better here." Much more politic, no less honest, but for some reason it made me feel like I was talking down to her. I hope it didn't sound that way, because I certainly didn't mean it like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Anna-banana, huh? Gonna hafta remember that one next time I want you to throw things at me. ;)
Do you really want bananas on your glasses?
Do you really want me to answer that? ;P
Post a Comment