Going back through photos from the neighborhoods I explored in New Orleans, I'm still at a kind of loss.
I tend to try to lead an examined life, but when I try to examine this, when I try to wrap my head around it, something just stops.
And there's this stillness. Eye in the center of the storm. There's so much around it that I fear I can't take it all in, that I won't be able to digest it all.
But that may be the lesson, right there. Sometimes it's beyond you, and that's okay. And sometimes you just go on with life as usual, and that's okay too. It's necessary, even. To continue. For the cycle of seasons to begin again.
And they will. And New Orleans will get through this. It will. It has to, if only to spite the naysayers. And from what little I learned of some of the people down there, they're like that. They'll thumb their noses just for the sake of pride.
And I'd do it right with them if they'd let me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment