This is a vent. This is only a vent. In the event of a real vent, minor explosions may occur. Duck and cover, using any handy desk or table.
To clarify: this references my nightclub job, not my office job.
Anne's rules of chivalry, revised.
1. When I'm doing my job, and it's perfectly obvious that I can handle the load I'm carrying, and you don't work with me, don't take the load out of my hands. That can, believe it or not, be a legal problem, since the insurance that covers me when I'm working doesn't cover you if you drop someething.
2. Don't take it upon yourself to defend my honor when I don't care.
2b. Don't take it upon yourself to defend my honor when it's not really defending my honor.
2c. Don't take it upon yourself to defend my honor when really, I should be telling the manager about the altercation myself. It's cute within reason, but when I protest and/or tell you directly not to do something, pay attention.
3. That's worth repeating: when I protest and/or tell you directly not to do something, pay attention.
4. For that matter, you don't need to open doors for me when my hands are free. My arms work. I do understand it's habit for most, though, and I'll cut you some slack here. However, nigh-hypocritically, you should let me open doors for you. Don't protest and just stand there until I go through myself. If we're playing a 'who's more stubborn' game, I'll win.
5. There's no need to just chat with me when it's obvious from ambient noise that I'm in public. I probably just want off the phone, as it irks me when other people do that near me.
1-5, subsection A. I like messing with gender stereotypes. Let me screw with what rules I want to.
This has been a vent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment