Thursday, March 23, 2006

office wildlife

(editor's note: I know the photos below break my layout. I don't care. They're too good to crop down, in my humble opinion.)

Yesterday, as I walked in to the office, I noticed a large raptor hanging out in a tree near the back door, where I usually enter. After some hesitation, and pointing him/her out to someone else entering the building, I grabbed my camera.

I suspect the raptor in question is a relative of the one that hung out on the overhang while I took pictures from inside last spring sometime, but I can't be sure. I want to say they're both red-tailed hawks, but I haven't looked into it far enough to be certain.

Here's last year's visitor:


Here's this year's visitor (unfortunately backlit, so you can't see his/her markings that well):




S/he eventually tired of my clicking away below him/her, and flew off, leading to my favorite shot of the morning:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice (see, I can follow directions when I try very, very hard :P)