I'm freshly back from yoga, having those pleasant stretched pangs that let you know you've worked.
Today was grandboss's last day with us. Having that in the past tense seems weird--the time between his announcement and his departure seems to have flown past.
I can't even say I have mixed feelings about it, because I don't. I'm going to miss him. I looked forward to his face more than anyone's when I went to work. I mean, it's not like it's "goodbye, goodbye forever" or anything. He'll be over with WPSU doing more than just volunteering now. But it won't be the same, of course.
He had (has!) my respect, loyalty, support, friendship. And trust. Above all. And I enjoyed his company. And I just don't have that complete package with anyone else at work anymore, and certainly not to the same extent. He had more of an influence on me than anyone else I've ever worked with.
If he hadn't encouraged it, I don't think I'd be pursuing the path I am now. And without his support, I'd certainly have been cut off from a lot of things I enjoy about work.
When I told D. and S., S. immediately responded with "oh no! He's your advocate!" And that's true. He was. So not only was he someone I enjoyed working with, but he was someone in a position of authority that could make things happen when it came to my job.
And I'm going to stop there. Abruptly. There are things happening at work that I don't want to talk about yet, even if I could, which I can't. And this sounds horribly catastrophic, but it may be a very good thing. It may also be a very bad thing. Right now, I'm in a "time will tell" state.
Please forgive me if I'm scarce. Negotiating change takes a lot of my headspace, and I need every inch at the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Without fully knowing what's going on, I'll just say good luck with the changes and that if there's anything I can do to help you out (unlikely, I know), you know you have only to say the word, right?
I know. And I value that immensely. Thank you.
Just wish me luck tomorrow, would you?
Post a Comment