Wednesday, August 16, 2006

by way of update

I suppose I should do a proper catch-up post, too. On the quick end: the old friends in town were good, the con was good, the old friends that I got to see at the con are good, work is surprisingly good (if busy since I was out), and I'm pretty darn good myself. Better than good, actually, if busy. As per normal.

I got home from the con sore and tired, but went to yoga on Monday night as planned, and afterwards felt some ridiculous percentage better. At work on Tuesday, I had been invited to the Directors' Planning meeting. Kind of exciting in itself, but even more exciting was the charge I was given: to co-chair a small committee to care for essentially our entire public web presence. During the discussion, it sure sounded like that committee would shape our next redesign and future web projects, and man, do I look forward to that.

Now people are handing me suggestions right and left, often what they see on other sites and think is neat. I love it. But following the pack? Screw that. Lead or perish. Do or die. And all that rot. We've been given a license to create change, and I intend to use it.

We'll be over here, making great things happen. Hope you don't mind the jackhammering in the meantime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the promotion! Storm the gates and take no prisoners ;)

Anne said...

It's not really a promotion, but thanks!

Anonymous said...

Well, 'upping of responsibilty and workload' didn't sound quite as positive as 'promotion', so that's what I chose :P