Friday, August 18, 2006

New Orleans pictures, part the seventh

But there were other signs as well. Signs that life was returning to normal.
house matching

The shops, many of them, were open again.
courtyard hallway gallery

The tourists were returning, that Easter weekend:
Easter tourists

kid having fun

And with the tourists came the street performers:
street 'statue' posing front

mime from behind

The characters that make up the heart of New Orleans were either back, or never left:
parrot back

this, my friends, is what's called shooting from the hip

You'll still find surprises in your food:
there will be surprises in the food
Like the crab's claw I found in my gumbo at Coop's Place, but it was still amazing food. I miss it, and before this I never particularly cared for spicy food.

The beautiful buildings haven't gone away:
St. Louis cathedral

courthouse

And some things never change:
Lafitte's tourists
This is Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop, said to be the longest continuously operating bar in the America, located on a far end of Bourbon Street. It's quiet, almost entirely lit by candles, and the interior is largely unchanged.

After all this, though, I felt just about like this:
tired dog

No comments: