Dad just called a bit ago to tell me he'd read through this whole thing. And liked it, which was rather gratifying. He said that it was good to learn some of the things I'd written up here. I frankly hadn't realized--or rather, had forgotten--how much I do reveal here. It's also nice to know that I'm not just talking into a void. So now I've got, what, two people following along? Speak up, if there are others. I like to know who's tagging along for the ride.
Because this entertains me: last Friday, walking back from dinner at Outback, J. kicked a flower right off at the stem. I complained at him, so he bent over and gave it to me, claiming that's what he meant to do (yeah, right). Silly plant-lover that I am, I took it home and stuck it in the water glass I had at my desk. It kept blooming, and one of the other buds started opening. By now, the original bloom has died, crumpling in on itself, and yesterday or the day before, I was tempted to pitch it. Instead I decided to just add water, and lo and behold, the other bud has continued to open. Brilliant! As a side note, my avocado plants, planted about a year or so ago, are both well on their way to becoming trees. The one in my room is growing up and out in three branches, and the one in my office is just going straight up, although both are leaning pretty horrendously toward the light. I love coaxing flowers/plants to do their thing.
Silly J. Fear my green thumb! (which only sometimes works, of course, but it's neat when it does!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment