Having just taken a call, I have to just drop a quick note here to say that in general, I love dealing with high school counselors. They're direct, they know what they want, and can quickly get to whatever it is. They understand the situation: generally, admissions counselors don't make the rules--someone higher on the chain does. It's also nice to be able to speak plainly, without having to worry about disappointing the person on the phone. It's also helpful that most of the time, I've got nothing for them but additional encouragement. It may not be what the student really wants to hear, but it's nice to be able to counsel many options, rather than just "no," and nice to do so in a professional fashion, rather than deal with the emotional that many students and parents get (understandably, given the enormity of a college decision, of course).
Also, in campus news today, a black bear was found in the heart of campus around 2 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment